We’ve partnered with creative catalysts PLAYGROUND DETROIT to launch a crowd-funding campaign aimed at transforming a vacant storefront into an artistic hub in the Eastern Market neighborhood of Detroit! Check out their campaign video:
If funded, the organization led by Detroiters Paulina Petkoski and Samantha Banks Schefman will be building a gallery, retail, and performance space for Detroit’s growing artistic community, the general public and the over 100 artists whose artwork they present.
Here’s what they plan to do:
- Fix up the interior of the space with moveable walls, track lighting, displays/shelving, folding chairs and point-of-sale for retail
- Install a kitchenette and lofted lounge space
- Create an engaging window-front and a custom bench system for sidewalk hangouts
- Install a DJ booth and sound system
- Film projection and digital displays for art film screenings and new media presentations
- Host 6 exhibitions of Detroit artists (and 2 national artists!) in their 2017 program year
- Develop programming and staff for their Grand Opening in Spring 2017.
Learn more and pledge to their campaign here.